Friday, May 28, 2010

Bored Outta My Mind!!

So, I managed to apply to a few more jobs today.  Besides that and doing a few loads of laundry, I've been completely bored.  


Thinking about going on a quick hike in a bit.  Maybe I'll take some pictures then...  :)  We'll see.

As I sit here looking at my laptop, I've found one more thing to add to my non-existent to-do list: Cleaning my keyboard!!

Spent the early hours of this morning (6am!!!!  don't ask..) with some quiet time.  Opened up to Jeremiah, chapters 17 and 18.  And, boy, is there some good stuff in there.  A quick excerpt (Jer. 17: 5-10) to share:
5 This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. 6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. 7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. 8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." 9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? 10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

 How God understands the heart!  It's pretty much amazing.  How often I find myself looking to attempt to take control of a situation, relying on my own (in)abilities, only to discover that true peace comes from relying on God alone.  And how greatly He blesses those who put their trust in Him!!  So amazing.

Enjoy the day, everyone!!  It's another gorgeous one!

No comments:

Post a Comment